Štrůdl, AKA Jablečný Závin
- 2 rolls puff pastry (listové těsto, ciasto francuskie), room temperature
- bread crumbs (strouhanka, bułka tarta), to soak the apple juice
- 4-5 large to 6-7 small apples, best grated (or cut into small pieces)
Wrap things up, bake in preheated oven on 200°C for ~20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (cukr moučka, cukier puder).
Alternately half portion, second roll with spinach and cheese:
- 7 cloves ground garlic fry in a bit of oil (+ onion perhaps)
- 900g frozen spinach works about right for one roll
- unfreeze, lots of salt and pepper, leave to cool & dry before wrapping
- when wrapping: bread crumbs underneath, sprinkle with grated cheese